Health Policy Intern (paid)
Sirona Strategies is a health care strategic consulting firm with deep familiarity with the intersection of health care policy, politics and business. We counsel both large and small clients across the health care spectrum on regulatory, legislative and market dynamics that can be leveraged to best position them in a rapidly shifting environment. More information can be found at: www.sironastrategies.com
Sirona Strategies seeks a graduate health policy student or recent graduate to join its team as a Health Policy Intern starting as soon as possible with the possibility of an extended tenure. This is a part-time paid position in Washington, D.C., with an anticipated requirement of 15-20 hours per week. Full time is available if desired.
The Health Policy Intern will provide support to Sirona Strategies staff across a number of focus areas, including telehealth, health system transformation (payment and delivery reform); health information technology; Medicare payment policy; Medicaid and state-level health care activity; and various public health issues (e.g., COVID vaccine, healthy aging, etc.).
The Health Policy Intern will conduct research and analysis to develop fact sheets, issue briefs and other education resources on a variety of issue areas. Other responsibilities may include attending relevant briefings and seminars (either in-person or virtually), and assisting with client meetings. He/she will also support the Sirona Strategies staff on event planning (as needed), monitoring news and Congressional activity, blogging and other communications activities.
By working with Sirona Strategies, the Health Policy Intern will have the opportunity to build and strengthen professional skills in research, analysis, writing, organization and interpersonal communications. Depending on experience and skill level, he/she may also interface with senior level staff at major health care companies and organizations.
Key skills developed in this position include the following:
- Develop expertise in national health policy and health care trends.
- Build professional experience interacting directly with senior staff at major health care companies, as well as policy makers on the Hill and in the Administration.
- Conduct research, prepare client materials.
- Write reports, articles, issue briefs and memoranda on policy issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with graduate-level coursework in health policy or a related health care field
- Substantive knowledge and understanding of basic health policy and payment issues, including Medicare, Medicaid and the Exchanges
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to synthesize complex issues into key policy considerations and recommendations
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously, including setting and meeting deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting research for policy makers in a timely and effective manner
- Proven ability to communicate effectively verbally, with special emphasis on communicating with policy-making audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills including the skills necessary to effectively work with colleagues, partner organizations and a variety of high-ranking government officials
- Ability and willingness to work independently and assume additional responsibilities.
To apply, please email your resume to SironaStrategies@sironastrategies.com