When specific advocacy objectives come out of the policy planning process, we help our clients develop champions in Congress and the Administration, and develop and execute a plan for moving legislative changes. We understand the interplay between Congress and the Administration, as well as the importance of building stakeholder support, policy & evidence and relationships to get things done.
Such tactics may include:
- Building relationships with key legislators and committees
- Bringing policy ideas to likely champions
- Supporting members of Congress and their staff in their pursuit to pass legislation, i.e. providing data, evidence, building stakeholder support, providing public support through group sign-on letters or Hill briefings, or on-record media support.
- Securing cosponsors of important legislation
- Pursuing policy fixes through amendments
- Coordinating sign-on letters to federal agencies
Interested in how lobbying on Capitol Hill could advance some of your policy objectives?